Important elements for College or University admission
Whenever you apply to college, it is important to take into account several factors that will play an important role in your admission process. The following list will help you.
- HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM It is very important that you challenge yourself in high school. Do not just take the easy courses, take the challenging ones.
- GRADES Your grades should represent what you are as a student. You should be able to have good and solid grades. If you are taking a challenging course and you have a B, it will be a better grade than an A in a regular course.
- REQUIRED EXAMS Be it TOEFL, SAT, ACT, etc… they must be good and should represent you as a student.
- PREPARE YOURSELF AS AN OUTSTANDING STUDENT Participate in extracurricular activities, show leadership or try to play an important role in whatever you do. Try to show yourself as a responsible, mature and dedicated person. If you have any talent or experiences develop them.
- SUMMER ACTIVITIES Get involved in summer camps or any other activity, such as a sport activity, an educational activity or a leadership activity. Anything that will let the admission officers notice you for what you did.
- ESSAYS Essays are important within your application process because this is the way to let the admissions officers know who you are, what you want and why you want to apply there. The essay should showcase your personality, values and goals.
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION You will need 2 to 3 letters of recommendations from teachers and your counselor that will let the college or university know about your special skills, your character and personality. Choose those teachers that know you well.
- EVALUATION If you are an international student you will need to have your grades evaluated in order to have the equivalence to a US High School Diploma.
- SCHOLARSHIPS If you need them or not, it is always a good idea to apply. Visit www.scholarshipsinusa.com
- INTEREST Demonstrate your eagerness to learn.